Thursday, March 14, 2013

Oh the cruel cycle of making blogs... :)


Avatar made through Bitstrips
When I was in grade school, about 8 years old, people loved asking kids like me what we want to be when we grow up. Common answers included becoming a doctor, a lawyer, a policeman, a President, and all those 'powerful' professions.

My answer? I wanted to be a writer.

Somehow, I just didn't see myself becoming any of the above (except for becoming a lawyer, which I later on fancied, thanks to John Grisham. Hehe.). But, the bookworm in me spoke loudly of this desire to work with words.



So I did, become a writer that is. But not necessarily in the 'traditional' sense of the word. After a short stint for a fitness magazine post-graduation, to contributing articles, to working in a call center, I am finally back to the path I was meaning to tread - the road to becoming a writing diva. (Diva talaga? Hehe.)This time though, I am writing for an online audience, as is fitting, since most readers now turn to the Internet for information and even entertainment.

Which brings me to usual question I get when I mention that I am an online writer So what do you do? Do you have a blog?

I grin. That's my usual answer. Because to be perfectly honest, I HAD blogs, but I was never able to faithfully maintain one. :( Kiddiepartyholic  is my 'outlet' blog for everything party-related which I am just addicted to. I have another one about my daughter, another one about lists, and yet another one for - hey I don't even remember. Somehow, writing online for a living, has 'robbed' me of the ability to maintain some prime writing real estate on the web.

BUT - I believe in second chances, and in succeeding ones. So here I am, giving myself a new lease on blogging life.

What should you expect from The Wonder Wahmmy then? Well, a lot of posts about parenting, food, coffee, and the mundane life of a common tao. In short, just about anything a supermom can share to the online world. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment